Ingredients for the cheese
10oz El Mexicano® Queso Fresco Cremoso or Casero®
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup El Mexicano® Pan Molido
Ingredients for the Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
1 cup of El Mexicano® Crema Mexicana
3 jalapeños + 1 teaspoon of vinegar of canned El Mexicano® Jalapeño Peppers*
1 handful of Cilantro
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 white onion, medium
sea salt & cumin to taste
Preparation for the Breaded Queso Fresco
1. Add oil to a pan/skillet over medium heat.
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Place pan molido (breadcrumbs) on a separate bowl or plate.
3. Dip Queso Fresco Cremoso into egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg again and breadcrumbs again.
4. Add to pan and brown on each side until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on a plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
Preparation for the Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
1. Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until pureed.
2. Taste and adjust seasoning or spice to taste, if necessary.
3. Spread Jalapeño cream on plate and serve Breaded Queso Fresco Cremoso on top. Garnish with more creamy jalapeño sauce, sliced jalapeños and fresh cilantro.
*Note: You can always adjust spice level to taste
Click here to see full recipe video: Breaded Queso Fresco + Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce Recipe