Loaded with great flavors, this easy to make dip is a great appetizer for game days or parties.
- 10oz El Mexicano® Longaniza, Mexican cured sausage*
- ½ Onion, medium, chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, diced
- 1 pouch (15 oz) El Mexicano® Refried Pinto Beans
- 10oz El Mexicano® Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat 1-3 minutes until hot. Add onion and pepper to skillet; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add in Longaniza; cook for about 5 minutes, breaking into crumbles using a wooden spatula. Remove and drain, if necessary.
- Add El Mexicano® Refried beans into skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred El Mexicano® Oaxaca cheese with a grater, set aside.
- Transfer refried beans into a baking dish, add a layer of Longaniza and cover with shredded Oaxaca cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Remove from oven. Serve hot with tortilla chips, enjoy!
*NOTE: Our El Mexicano® Cured Longaniza contains natural collagen casing. The casing does not need to be removed before cooking or grilling but if you prefer without you can remove prior to cooking.