(12 servings / Prep. time: 25 mins. / Bake-Cook time: 40 mins.)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed with press
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground oregano
¼ teaspoon ground ancho or chipotle chile
1 jar (15 ounces) mild or medium chunky salsa
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
4 cups shredded boneless, skinless rotisserie chicken meat (from about 1 chicken)
1 container (15 ounces) Crema Mexicana El Mexicano®
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 cups (8 ounces) yellow corn tortilla chips
1 cup shredded Queso Oaxaca El Mexicano®
1 cup shredded Queso Monterey El Mexicano®
Optional: Sliced green onions
1. Spray 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion and bell pepper are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, chili powder, coriander, oregano and ground ancho chile and cook 1 minute. Add salsa and broth, increase heat to medium-high, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
3. In medium bowl, combine chicken, Crema Mexicana lime juice and onion-salsa mixture.
4. Layer 4 cups tortilla chips evenly into bottom of prepared dish. Spoon about 3 ¼ cups chicken mixture evenly over chips and sprinkle with 1 cup queso Oaxaca and Monterey mix. Repeat layers of tortilla chips, chicken mixture and queso. Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
5. Bake nacho casserole for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until edges bubble and top is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving sprinkled with green onions, if desired.