1/4 pound of medium-small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 tsp chili powder
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1 tbsp of lime juice
2 1/2 tsps olive oil (divided)
1 tbsp chopped green onions
1 tbsp chopped nacho jalapeño peppers El Mexicano®️
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
2 medium-sized flour tortillas
2 cups mix of shredded Monterey and Oaxaca Cheese El Mexicano®️
Jocoque or Crema Casera El Mexicano®️
1. Marinate the shrimp. Toss the shrimp in a small bowl with chili powder, salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain out the juice.
2. Cook the shrimp: Heat a cast iron skillet over medium- high heat with cooking oil or butter. Add the shrimp and cook on each side, and remove to a bowl.
3. Heat the tortillas. Place one flour tortilla on the skillet. Flip the tortilla over a few times. Air pockets should begin to form within the tortilla. Remove the tortilla and repeat with the second tortilla.
4. Build the quesadilla: Sprinkle the shredded mix of cheeses on top of the tortilla. Distribute the shrimp on top of the cheese. Add chopped onion and cilantro. Place the other tortilla on top.
5. Cut the quesadilla into wedges. Place on a serving plate. Serve with you choice of Jocoque or Crema Casera El Mexicano®️ and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.