(2 servings / Prep. time: 10 mins.)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup garlic, chopped
2 cups spinach, fresh
1 cup cilantro, fresh
1 yellow wax pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
1/2 cup El Mexicano® Crema Casera or Jocoque
1/2 oz white wine
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper
Optional: El Mexicano® Queso Cotija
1. Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet.
2. Sauteé the chopped garlic, diced onions, and chopped yellow wax peppers.
3. Pour the white wine and add the fresh spinach leaves and cilantro, heat for approximately one minute.
4. Remove from heat and pour contents into a blender, add the chicken broth and El Mexicano® Crema Casera or Jocoque. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour mixture back into skillet, bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
6. Transfer your Cream of Cilantro & Spinach into a serving bowl and add salt & fresh ground pepper as desired. Garnish with more El Mexicano® Crema/Jocoque and grated Cotija cheese.