Entomatadas El Mexicano®
12 Roma tomatoes
1 White onion, large
1 Garlic clove
Salt to taste
Dried oregano to taste
10-14oz El Mexicano® Queso Fresco Casero®
El Mexicano® Crema Mexicana or Crema Oaxaqueña
1 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
Red radish, sliced
Optional: 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper to add spice
1. Place tomatoes in a pot and cover with water. Cook over medium heat until soft and the skin from the tomatoes begin to peel off.
2. For the filling, mix ¼ chopped white onion with the crumbled Queso Fresco Casero®. Set aside.
3. Once tomatoes are cooked, place in a blender with ½ white onion, garlic and process until smooth. Add cooking water as needed for desired consistency.
4. Heat cooking oil in a non-stick pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rest of the onion and cook until transparent or slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato sauce to the pan/skillet cook for about 2 minutes, season with salt and dried oregano to taste. Turn the heat low and simmer.
6. Meanwhile warm up the tortillas on a skillet. Submerge them one by one into the warm tomato sauce. Transfer them to a plate and spoon some of the crumbled Queso Fresco Casero® and onion mix inside. Fold the tortilla and proceed with the rest of the tortillas.
7. Once entomatadas are ready, add some more of the sauce over them and top with shredded lettuce, radish slices, Crema Mexicana and more crumbled Queso Fresco Casero®. Serve with a side of beans. Enjoy!
Click to view full recipe video here: ENTOMATADAS
For more ideas click here: 1 SALSA, 2 RECIPES