Happy Taco Tuesday!
I’m so excited to share these healthy vegetarian and gluten-free tacos with you all in hopes that it will inspire you to make them at home for friends and family. Tacos are the best because you can literally put everything into one tortilla, in this case lettuce ‘tortillas’ and bite into a mouthful of yumminess! Also Tacos are the perfect recipe for those watching their diet because they can be made gluten-free, paleo, vegan or vegetarian style how I like them 😉
I made these on the lighter side by keeping them vegetarian so that you can eat more than just a couple and add more veggies to your diet like me 😉 and added a bunch of fresh crumbled Queso Fresco Casero®, my fave!
Grilled Corn & Quinoa Tacos
1 head fresh Butter lettuce
1 can 15oz. Whole Kernel Corn El Mexicano®
2 Zucchini, cubed
1/2 Onion, sliced or diced
2 cups Quinoa, cooked
1 Serrano pepper, sliced
5 oz+ Queso Fresco Casero®, El Mexicano®
Seasonings: black pepper and crushed red pepper
- Wash lettuce wraps and set aside to allow them to dry.
- Cook quinoa according to packaging instructions.
- If you have a grill, turn on heat and place corn on top until charred. If you do not have a grill, add oil or ghee (clarified butter) to skillet and sauté corn, onion, serrano and zucchini until lightly browned.
- In a bowl, mix veggies with quinoa and season with black pepper and cracked chili flakes.
- Place lettuce wraps on a serving plate and fill with mixture and top off with sliced avocado and crumbled queso fresco Casero®..enjoy! 🙂