4 Cactus paddles, grilled
1 (20 oz) can El Mexicano® Refried Beans or Whole Pintos Beans, mashed
10 oz El Mexicano® Queso Oaxaca, shredded
10 oz (1 pack) El Mexicano® Longaniza, casing removed.
Salsa Fresca Mexicana: chopped tomatoes, onions, serrano & cilantro with lime & salt
Optional: El Mexicano® Cremas (Casera, Mexicana or Oaxaqueña)
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cook the Nopales: Lightly brush or spray oil onto the nopales and sprinkle with salt. Place on grill or pan and cook over medium heat until slightly charred on each side. You will know they are ready when they are tender.
3. Cook the Longaniza: Meanwhile cook the longaniza, breaking it up into small chunks with a spatula, until browned or cooked through. Set aside.
4. Warm up the beans: warm up the beans in a pan or in microwave. Set aside.
5. Spread a layer of beans onto each nopal and layer with shredded Queso Oaxaca. Lay on a baking sheet and take to oven. Bake for about 3-5mins or until cheese has melted. Switch to broil until cheese bubbles and turns golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, prepare salsa Mexicana and set aside for topping.
7. Remove nopales from oven and top with longaniza and salsa fresca.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see full recipe video: Molletes de Nopal + Longaniza