Stuffed Peppers with Longaniza & Oaxaca
4 bell peppers, red, green and yellow
2 (10 oz packages) El Mexicano® Longaniza, casings removed
1 (10 oz) El Mexicano® Queso Oaxaca, shredded
4 yukon potatoes, cut into cubes
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cut bell peppers down the center. Remove seeds and as much membrane as possible. Place the peppers cut side up in a baking dish or tray.
3. Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and onions and cook until potatoes are tender. Add in the longaniza, breaking apart with a wooden spoon until the longaniza is cooked. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to get rid of the excess oil/fat.
4. Fill the bell peppers with shredded Oaxaca, longaniza & potato mixture and top with more Oaxaca cheese.
5. Bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
6. Serve and enjoy alone or topped with El Mexicano® Crema Oaxaqueña!
Click here to see full recipe video: Stuffed Peppers with Longaniza & Oaxaca