Looking for recipe ideas to help with those New Year’s resolutions but don’t know how to get started? Check out these “3 Healthy, Quick and Easy” recipes created by the talented Laura Muller using our delicious quesos frescos and cremas El Mexicano®.
See full recipe video here
Did you know that El Mexicano® cheeses and cremas are certified gluten free and made with clean ingredients like natural sea salt and grade A milk from cows who have NOT been treated with hormones? They make the perfect complement to any recipe 😛
Check out these recipes with simple ingredients perfect for you and your family!
1 cup cooked pinto beans
6 corn tortillas
3 tablespoons Crema Mexicana or Casera El Mexicano®
3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
1 guajillo chile
optional: 1 guajillo chile
- Heat the tortillas on a comal or skillet until they are lightly toasted.
- Cut the queso fresco Cremoso or Casero® in strips to be used as a filling for the enfrijoladas. Then crumble some extra cheese to sprinkle on top of the enfrijoladas once they’ve been prepared.
- Blend the cooked beans with a little bit of water to create a bean puree.
Note: to add a spicy taste, you can boil and toast a “guajillo chile” and add it to the beans to blend together.
- Immerse the tortilla in the blended bean puree and then transfer the tortilla to a dish to fill it with the cheese strips and then fold in half. Continue this process with each of the tortillas. Once all the tortillas have been prepared, pour a little more beans over them.
- Sprinkle crumbled queso fresco and add Crema Mexicana or Crema Casera and onion as a topping over the enfrijoladas.
Recipe #2 Cream of Zucchini with Crema Mexicana
1/2 garlic clove
2 tablespoons Crema Mexicana or Casera® El Mexicano®
2 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
optional: Jalapeño pepper
- Put the two zucchinis to cook in 2 cups of water over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until you see that they are cooked.
Note: if you’d like to add a spicy flavor, add a jalapeño pepper to cook along with the zucchinis.
- In a blender, add the zucchinis with the two cups of water and add El Mexicano® Crema Mexicana or Casera®, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and blend.
- Serve and add El Mexicano® queso fresco Casero® or Cremoso as a topping. The cheese could be grated or cut into cubes.
Recipe #3 Cauliflower Patties with Queso Fresco Casero®
2 cups grated cauliflower
1 cup queso fresco Casero® El Mexicano®, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower, the queso fresco Casero®, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and mix everything well.
- Take a handful of the mixture in your hand and form into patties, then place them on a pan over medium heat and let them cook well on each side.
- Serve with a side of ketchup.
Hope you enjoy and goodluck with those New Year’s resolutions!