Today we are sharing a delicious #meatless recipe which is a perfect addition to your Lent and Passover menu. It can be enjoyed as an appetizer or snack. It’s super simple but with lots of authentic sabor just as we like our recipes to be 😉
Cheese is one of our favorite options when it comes to preparing meals and/or snacks because it’s super versatile and can be prepared in so many different ways. This tasty breaded Queso Cremoso, a mouthwatering Mexican version of cheese sticks, is covered in a simple salsa verde made from scratch by Laura Muller (click to see full recipe here), but another salsa option, especially if you’re on the go or short on time, is our “ready to use” El Mexicano® Salsa Verde available in glass bottles (see image below).
Another great thing about this recipe is that you are not limited to only using our Queso Fresco Cremoso®. You can use a variety of our authentic cheeses. Some that work great and give you a firmer texture, like this recipe, are Queso Fresco Casero® and Queso Panela. To make something more similar to your typical “mozzarella cheese sticks” and to get that nice gooey stretch, you can use our Mozzarella and/or Queso Oaxaca.
BREADED QUESO CREMOSO WITH SALSA VERDE
1 package of El Mexicano® Pan Molido
For the Salsa:
6 Tomatillos (Mexican husk tomato)
1 Serrano or Jalapeño Pepper
1 clove of Garlic
Salt to taste
Optional: El Mexicano Crema Casera®
- Dip the El Mexicano® Queso Fresco Cremoso® into the beaten eggs, making sure it all gets covered.
- Then dip the cheese in the El Mexicano® Pan Molido bread crumbs.
- Repeat step one and two, dipping the breaded cheese into the remaining egg mixture then covering once again with bread crumbs.
- Spray some oil in a pan and pan fry the cheese.
- Flip the cheese, making sure it gets cooked on all sides.
- For the sauce, boil the tomatoes and peppers in water.
- When they’re done cooking, blend them with a ½ cup of water, the garlic, and salt to taste.
- If you need to, add more water or more peppers to the sauce until it achieves your desired consistency.
- Spoon the green sauce over the breaded cheese, top with sliced tomatoes and cilantro and it’s ready!
OPTIONAL: You can add a little El Mexicano® Crema Casera® for extra flavor.
Don’t forget to tag us @elmexicanobrand and use our official #AuthenticSabor when using our products in your delicious recipe creations on social media.