Fun Day of the Dead Skull Pizzas
Looking for a tasty and fun way to celebrate Halloween with the family? Look no further! We’ve got the perfect sweet and savory EASY pizza recipes for you to create with friends and family.
Get your creative juices flowing and prepare your very own unique Skull Pizza! Here are some ideas for a savory pizza. You can choose to use one of our melting cheeses like Queso Oaxaca or Mozzarella and our Tomato sauce with your choice of toppings, including our crisp Jalapeño nacho slices for an added spicy touch, or Queso Cotija for a robust flavor. For the sweet pizza, you can use a combination of our Queso Requeson mixed with one of our delicious yogurts and honey for the base. Then add your favorite fruits as toppings.
You can get as creative as you want with your toppings, the sky is the limit 😉 but the idea is to use a combination of ingredients to make your pizza delicious and nutritious!
These skull pizzas not only are super easy to make, but allow you to interact with friends and family, as well as getting your kids involved in the kitchen in a fun and creative way.
Below you can find the recipes that Laura Muller from Las Recetas de Laura created:
Savory Skull Pizza
- 10oz El Mexicano® Queso Oaxaca
- 1 can El Mexicano® Jalapeño nacho slices
- 1 can of El Mexicano® Tomato Sauce
- bell peppers, personal choice of color
- ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ bar of butter
- pinch of salt
- Whisk the following ingredients together: wheat flour, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well and add 1 cup of milk and butter. Knead the dough together with your hands until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two pieces: one piece for the savory pizza skull recipe and the other piece for the dessert pizza skull recipe.
- With your hands stretch out the dough, giving it a circular and larger shape. Then add two small pieces of dough, one on each side on the bottom of the circle to help form the skull shape.
- With the help of a dough roller, proceed to stretch the pizza (add flour to the roller to avoid the dough from sticking to it) and use your finger to help create the skull shape. If necessary, you can use a knife to define the shape or a cookie cutter.
- Once you create the skull, place it in a pan for approximately 10 minutes on each side until the dough is fully cooked.
- While the dough is cooking, prepare the tomato sauce. Add into a pot the following ingredients and mix: El Mexicano® Tomato Sauce, rosemary, and oregano. Allow the sauce to boil for 3 minutes.
- Begin to prepare the decorations. Grate the Queso Oaxaca and cut the bell peppers using cookie molds to create various shapes (stars, flowers, etc).
- When the pizza dough base has been cooked, leave in pan and spread on the tomato sauce evenly.
- Decorate the pizza by adding a coat of salami and a second coat of grated Queso Oaxaca (which will melt perfectly to make the white part of the skull). Use the bell pepper shapes and salamis to create the eyes, olives for the nose, and strips of jalapeño nacho slices to create the mouth. Cover the pan and allow for the cheese to melt.
Dessert Skull Pizza
- ½ cup El Mexicano® Requeson
- 2 tablespoons of El Mexicano® Natural Honey
- ¼ cup El Mexicano® Natural Yogurt
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup of milk (your choice of milk – almond or soy)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ bar of butter
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- fresh fruit of choice
- Follow steps 1 – 6 from Savory Skull Pizza recipe.
- Allow the pizza dough base to cool down.
- In a blender, add the following ingredients: Requeson, plain yogurt, natural honey and vanilla. Blend ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the base of the pizza.
- Get creative and use your choice of fruits to decorate it and to create shapes for the eyes and mouth.
- Enjoy and share with friends and family!
Leave a Comment