Happy Taco Tuesday everyone! One of my favorite days of the week because I get to create and indulge in some yummy tacos at the same time ????
There’s no need to go out for Mexican food this weekend for Cinco de Mayo when you can make delicious tacos in the comfort of your home with fresh ingredients, especially now that the weather is beautiful!
This weather is perfect for outdoor grilling so I wanted to share this quick, easy, healthy and satisfying recipe that you can whip up for lunch or dinner for friends and/or family!
Healthy Grilled Protein Tacos with Crema Mexicana serves 2
What you’ll need:
4 flour or gluten-free Tortillas*
2 boneless skinless chicken breast OR
4 halibut fillets
Sea salt, black pepper, garlic and cumin, to taste
4 Lettuce leaves
1 Lime, juice
Pico de gallo
Crema Mexicana El Mexicano® brand
Optional: queso fresco Casero or Cremoso El Mexicano® brand
* You can choose to sub the tortilla for lettuce for a healthier, carb-free taco!
How to make them:
1) Prepare grill.
2) Combine all seasonings: sea salt, black pepper, garlic and cumin into a bowl; rub mixture over chicken breast
3) Place chicken or fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; slice into pieces.
4) Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, prepare guacamole by smashing avocado with lime juice and sea salt. Set aside.
5) Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide the protein evenly among tortillas; top each tortilla with lettuce (or sub the tortilla for a lettuce wrap), guacamole, pico de gallo and some delicious Crema Mexicana. Serve with queso fresco crumbles, if desired.