Comfort food is our go to during the holidays and here we have more delicious quick and easy recipes created for us by Laura Muller using a variety of our authentic products. If you are in need of some ideas of how to please your friends and family during the holidays with a side dish option full of flavor then I recommend you give these recipes a try, they will love them!
BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Serves 6 people
- 8 slices of El Mexicano® Cooked or Turkey Ham
- 1/2 cup of El Mexicano® Oaxaca cheese
- 4-5 Potatoes
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1 cup Corn kernels
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes in equal slices and then add them into salted boiling water. While the potatoes cook, blend together the Crema Mexicana with milk and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heat protective dish, place the cooked potatoes on the bottom of the dish and then top them with a layer of the cream mixture, followed by a layer of turkey and corn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- End the layers with potatoes and top it off with El Mexicano® shredded Oaxaca Cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 360°F
- Enjoy as a side dish!
SIDE DISH OPTION #2
ELBOW MACARONI SALAD
prep time: 15 minutes / serves 6 people
- 2 cups Elbow pasta (coditos)
- 3/4 cup Celery
- 1 cup Corn
- 8 slices El Mexicano® Cooked or Turkey Ham
- 100 grams El Mexicano® Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 10oz El Mexicano® Panela Cheese
- 1 can El Mexicano® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut El Mexicano® Panela cheese and ham into cubes. Add the cheese and ham cubes into a bowl along with the corn, celery and mayonnaise. Mix in the Crema Mexicana El Mexicano® with all ingredients.
- Once the pasta is done and drained, add it to the other ingredients and mix well.
- You can then top it off with El Mexicano® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños and even add a bit of the can’s spicy liquid for extra taste and spiciness.
- Enjoy as a side dish or as a meal.
Both of these side dish options are great not only for friends and family but kids will love them too! Remember that the spice level can always be adjusted 😉
Don’t forget to share with us your delicious recipe creations using our variety of authentic products on Facebook and Instagram by tagging us @elmexicanobrand and using #AuthenticSabor