Turkey Crispy Tacos with Mole Sauce
If there is one thing better than a Thanksgiving feast, it’s the leftovers..right? 😉 Well if you are a fan of leftovers than we’ve got the perfect recipe for you to make for friends and family this weekend.
This combination made by Mely from Mexico in My Kitchen is a winner!
Go ahead and get your frying pans and stomach ready because you are going to LOOVE these!
TURKEY CRISPY TACOS WITH MOLE SAUCE (FLAUTAS) makes 12
- 12 corn tortillas (the thinner the better)
- 2 cups of shredded turkey meat
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- about ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cup of mole sauce El Mexicano®
- 1 cup of El Mexicano® Cotija Cheese or Queso Fresco Casero®, grated or crumbled
- 1/2 cup El Mexicano® Crema Mexicana
- You can also serve with red onion slices, avocado and pickled carrots.
- Place shredded turkey meat into a bowl, season with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet at medium high temperature.
- While the oil is heating up, warm the tortillas in a hot griddle just a few seconds until they become pliable and easy to roll. Cover with a kitchen napkin to keep warm while you form the taquitos.
- Add some of the turkey meat into the tortilla; roll tightly and with the help of kitchen thongs place into the hot oil. Wait a few seconds before remove the thongs to be sure the tortilla won’t unfold.
- Cook each taquito for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Once cooked, place in a plate covered with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Before serving, spoon some of the Mole sauce over the taquitos, drizzle with cream and garnish with a El Mexicano® Cotija cheese and/or Queso Fresco Casero®, I used a mix of the two of them. Add some avocado slices and red onion rings. Enjoy!
Hope you all have an amazing weekend and if you make these or any other of our recipes don’t forget to share with us to see your very own creations on social media by tagging us @elmexicanobrand and #AuthenticSabor
Leave a Comment