Celebrating Hispanic Heritage month (September 15th-October 15th) means lots of delicious, traditional and authentic food from us to you. We are always looking to make things easier for you and on the lighter side 😉 while still delivering that authentic flavor that only our El Mexicano® products can do. Our brand ambassador, Laura Muller (www.lasrecetasdelaura.com), has created some quick, easy, healthy and authentic party favorites for you to whip up for your next fiesta!
Laura made several traditional and healthy appetizers using a variety of our authentic cheeses. Some of those recipes were:
Mini Cheese Flautas
Crispy Potato Tacos
Yummmm…! Can’t wait for you to try them and let us know what you think! Check out the full recipe video HERE and find the ingredient list and step by step for the recipes down below.
Blue corn tortillas
1 teaspoon of El Mexicano® Crema Oaxaqueña
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Purple onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup of Tomatoes, chopped
1 Jalapeño pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Jalapeño pepper
1 bunch of Cilantro
1/4 cup of El Mexicano® Crema Casera®
Salt to taste
MINI FLAUTAS DE QUESCO (CHEESE FLAUTAS)
- Add the cheese to the previously heated tortillas and roll.
- Place the rolled up tortillas with the cheese filling on a pan with the heat on low temperature.
Optional: you may spray a small amount of oil spray on the pan to give your flautas texture and brightness.
- Boil 2 potatoes. Once they are boiled, remove the skin.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 spoon of Crema Oaxaqueña El Mexicano® and stir.
- Place the mixture in the tortillas, fold the tortillas, and place the folded tortillas on the stove pan. Optional: you can add oil spray to the pan.
- Rinse off the garbanzos and remove the skin.
- Add purple onions, tomatoes, chile jalapeño, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir all ingredients and add olive oil.
- Add crumbled EL Mexicano® Queso Cojita as a topping.
- Char the chile jalapeño and then remove the skin and seeds.
- Place the chile jalapeño in the blender together with the avocado, cilantro, and Crema Casera®El Mexicano®.
- As the ingredients are being blended, add water and salt to taste. (For a thicker sauce add less water).
- Add El Mexicano® sliced jalapeños on the side to give more flavor to your appetizer platter.
Happy Fiestas Patrias, Enjoy!