For the breaded Queso Fresco:
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup El Mexicano® Bread Crumbs (pan molido)
For the tomato sauce/salsa:
12 Roma tomatoes
1 White onion, large
1-2 Garlic cloves
Salt to taste
Dried oregano to taste
Preparation for the breaded Queso Fresco:
1. Add oil to a frying pan/skillet over medium heat.
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Place bread crumbs (pan molido) on a separate bowl or plate.
3. Dip Queso Fresco Casero® or Cremoso into egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again.
4. Add to frying pan and fry on each side until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on a plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
Preparation for the Tomato Sauce:
1. Place tomatoes in a pot and cover with water. Cook over medium heat until soft and the skin from the tomatoes begin to peel off.
2. Once tomatoes are cooked, place in a blender with ½ white onion, garlic and process until smooth. Add cooking water as needed for desired consistency.
3. Heat cooking oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the rest of the onion and cook until transparent or slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, season with salt and dried oregano to taste. Turn the heat low and simmer.
For full recipe video click here: QUESO FRESCO ENTOMATADO
For more ideas check out this video: 1 SALSA 2 RECIPES